Review: The Infinite Sea (The 5th Wave, #2) by Rick Yancey


The Infinite Sea (The 5th Wave, #2)The Infinite Sea by Rick Yancey
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Summary from GoodReads

How do you rid the Earth of seven billion humans? Rid the humans of their humanity.

Surviving the first four waves was nearly impossible. Now Cassie Sullivan finds herself in a new world, a world in which the fundamental trust that binds us together is gone. As the 5th Wave rolls across the landscape, Cassie, Ben, and Ringer are forced to confront the Others’ ultimate goal: the extermination of the human race.

Cassie and her friends haven’t seen the depths to which the Others will sink, nor have the Others seen the heights to which humanity will rise, in the ultimate battle between life and death, hope and despair, love and hate.



REVIEW

 Should I say that I didn't like the book? That would be a huge lie! When many sequels feel like they lose some of their "magic", the second book of the "5th Wave" keeps you hanging from the pages, wondering, feeling and struggling with the characters.

Cassie, Ben, Ringer and the few kids which escaped from the death camp, wait for Evan. These facts and the possibility of losing their lives, make Ringer to leave and search a safe hide out for everyone. And from there we lose track on the mystery, the emotional burden and the agony of when or if everyone will survive.

The POVs are again four: three on the first and one on the third. Again I am impressed on the way the author managed to work on these POVs and not lose the plotline. Especially I stand on Ringer and her part on the story. The final pages made me teary because she didn't deserve such a treatment from the author (you will understand what I mean if you read the chapters and I SO advise you to do). To be honest I was somewhat like this:



In the end, I get the satisfaction to HOPE for the heroes and maybe just maybe have the mystery solved, because the damn Vosch is hiding awfully many things. :)

Overall, the second book became a must and an unforgettable read, one of the few I still get to remember.

View all my reviews

1 comment